Let's Look: Holiday Menu

Happy Wednesday and Happy Veteran's Day! I hope you are having a great week so far.  

Today, I am linking up with Erika and Shay for Let's Look At...our holiday menu!  Since Thanksgiving is around the corner, I will be sharing my Thanksgiving menu.


When B and I were engaged and newly married, we would spend Thanksgiving with his family because they would have a larger gathering than mine.  His grandmother and aunt would prepare a traditional Thanksgiving menu. They are excellent cooks and my duty was always washing dishes. 😁 I  would happily do this job because trying to actually help cook something just makes me start sweating and get anxious. I have zero confidence when it comes to cooking.  

I do have their recipes for Gran Gran’s pumpkin and pecan pies and for side dishes like strawberry pretzel salad.  I plan to use them one day but 2020 just doesn’t seem to be the year to experiment, HA!

In recent years, B and I started our own little tradition of going out to a Brazilian steakhouse for Thanksgiving. It was different but I looked forward to it because no cooking, no clean up, and it's the most delicious food EVER! With COVID and little D, it just doesn’t seem like a good idea either. 

So, what are we doing this year?

As of today, our plan is to spend Thanksgiving with my parents.  I have already consulted with Mama R and our menu will include:

Steak, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, salad (trying to decide Caesar or copy cat Olive Garden salad), and buttered croissants (TY, Costco!). I am trying to decide if I will bake the pies or just pick some up from Costco but there will be pumpkin and pecan pie, for sure! I also plan on baking my chocolate chip pumpkin bread to enjoy as we watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. 

I can't wait to read everyone's holiday menu!  I hope to find some new and easy to make dishes.

Sending you lots of love today! 

-A-

Comments

  1. I know I won't be there but I vote Caesar salad! I just love that you're having steak too instead of the traditional turkey. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites: 1/22/21

Currently: April 2021

Hello Monday: Currently