Friday Favorites: 12/18/2020

 

Happy, Happy Friday! Friends, I feel like I was living life at #1 and now I am #2. I am in complete PANIC mode!!! I am still decorating our house, sending Christmas cards, and picking up last minute gifts. How are you doing? 


Of course, I am linking up with Erika and Andrea to share some of my favorites from this week. 

ONE:  I love The Voice and Tuesday they crowned a new winner. I will not spoil who won but I really feel like the finale was just amazing. The music, collaboration of singers, and production of each song was just so good.  I plan to watch it again maybe the day after Christmas  just to have something upbeat and exciting to have on the background. It felt like an award show but with really, really good performances. If you didn’t catch it, you should watch! 

TWO: Danielle from Love, Danielle shared this countdown calendar last week. When I saw it I quickly added it to my cart for pick up.  When I got it I was so disappointed. Seriously?!?!  Wouldn't someone have caught the mistake?   


UGH!  That is what I get for shopping with only a few days left until Christmas.  Since I had an email about my satisfaction about the items purchased. I quickly handled everything through that email and Target basically refunded my money and told me to keep, donate or trash the item.  It was so easy to do!  I plan on keeping it but I did buy another one just as precious.

THREE: We were in desperate need of a new couch.  After 3 visits to the store bright and early to avoid crowds we settled on one. Luckily, the one we chose was in stock and it got delivered Monday. This pic was from one of our visits. 

 I love it but it is different from the more formal style we had before.  I think once we get a rug and new chair then it will feel a little more pulled together. We didn't buy the ottoman but might add later. 

FOUR: My latest Christmas shirts arrived! I got them from an online boutique on FB that is sort of new to the business.  They had a $10 sale and I grabbed these 2. The shirts are much softer than I anticipated which is even better. 



Love this one and can't wait to wear it Christmas Day!

FIVE:  As I was frantically looking for a virtual Santa experience for the boys at the last minute I came across this article.  It basically spoke to me and where we are in our current season of life with 2 littles. It reminded me that I do not need to try and keep up with what is posted on social media or beat myself up because I need to do more. We are slowly making our traditions and this year we aren't going to be visiting Santa in-person or even virtually. I think that I have created a little magic for the boys and I will accept where we are right now in life and embrace it.  If you are a mama with littles or even older kiddos, give yourself some grace this holiday season. 


I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with Christmas magic!  We will be looking at more Christmas lights and I will be preparing my mind and heart for the true meaning of this season.  Thanks for stopping by!  

Much love,
A

Comments

  1. So far I think I a doing alright. I love that Elf shirt! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very happy about who won The Voice! We kind of stopped watching it for a little while, and then we turned it on to watch the finale!! Your new couch is so pretty, we are currently still searching for a new couch. We haven’t found one that we love yet! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last pic... so true. I can't believe that advent calendar... eesh... love the new sectional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new couch is beautiful!! I find couch shopping one of the hardest hole purchase to make. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bummer on the calendar countdown. I have one from Target from a few years ago. I hope your new one is right. Target has amazing customer service. I LOVE your couch! It is sooo tough to shop for couches. We did that last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried to have a relaxing approach to Christmas this year. That doesn't mean I'm not still running out and doing last minute gift shopping. But, trying not to get stressed out about everything! I can't believe that calendar mistake! Glad you were able to get a refund. I love your couch - it looks very comfy! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That advent calendar sure is disappointing! It's cute but how did the manufacturer miss a mistake like that? And that couch looks so nice! We have a similar one and really like it! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That advent calendar sure is disappointing! It's cute but how did the manufacturer miss a mistake like that? And that couch looks so nice! We have a similar one and really like it! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Currently: April 2021

Friday Favorites: 1/22/21

Hello Monday: Currently