Friday Favorites: 12/4/2020

Happy 1st Friday of December! How many shopping days until Christmas?!?! I know that is what is on all our minds.  

Via: Tina Likes What

That is SO me! I have most of our shopping done but I am still needing 2 gifts for D and a gift for a dear friend. Today, I am linking up with Erika and Andrea for Friday Favorites. 

It’s my favorite to write and I love reading all the others that join. I am so excited to share this week’s round up. Let’s get started!

ONE: Someone in our community asked for pumpkins, squash and gourds leftover from Thanksgiving to be brought to their home to help a mini pig rescue. We only had one pumpkin to contribute but it was neat to drive up and see their front yard. It was so pretty! There were more on the right side but my angle was not the best. #worstphotographerever

What a feast for all those little piggies! It felt good knowing we were not being wasteful and I told C next year we would buy more pumpkins to give more.  You can find out more about the mini pig rescue here. I had no idea there was a need and now I want to adopt one. 

TWO: A huge favorite is all the festive tees that I will be wearing this month and I may have bought 2 more this week. I'll try and share once I get them. I kicked off the month with this one! 

THREE: This week the temps dropped and we couldn’t go to the park to play so I took the boys to the mall in a neighboring city. The mall opened at 11 and we were there at 10.  We walked around with our masks, looked at the biggest tree, rode the elevator, and did a little shopping.  

I will admit that I was a little nervous about the number of people that might be there but there was only a handful of people (mostly mall walkers). It was the perfect outing and just what we needed. This also leads me to my next fave.

FOUR: I was in need of new hand soaps and Christmas wallflowers from Bath and Body Works. I took advantage  and we were the first ones in the store when it opened.  My all time favorite Christmas smell is Vanilla Bean Noel and I also enjoy anything peppermint.  I just grabbed different soaps based on how cute they were.   

The winter candy apple is just okay to me but it had Santa so we needed it!  It is in C's bathroom and he doesn't seem to mind.  I did pick up some wallflowers in Vanilla Bean Noel, Twisted Peppermint, and Peppermint Sugar Cookie too.  

FIVE: We needed a new tree skirt and even though tree collars are trending right now, I couldn't find one that I loved so I just stuck with a tree skirt.  I looked online and I found exactly what I wanted at Target, of course! It is reversible, 2 for the price of one!  For $30, I really did feel it was a steal.  It's exactly what I wanted and it came in this week.  I fell in love with it and think it will last many years of me changing my mind about our Christmas decor.  Anyone else do that? Christmas decor always overwhelms me! 

OR


SIX: While browsing for our tree skirt, I threw in this bath rug which was on sale at the time for under $5.



There were these little festive hand towels that I added as well.


I put the other in the kitchen.



SEVEN: Okay, this was NOT a favorite. I was looking for a wreath to hang inside and I ordered this pre-lit one. I wanted to like it but I can see the wires and battery pack so it's going back to the store. 


LAST FAVORITE

EIGHT: It’s Mama R’s bday tomorrow! My family will not be there to help her celebrate but there are some surprises for her.  We have a yard sign going up and I sent some flowers to be delivered.  I am also planning to gift her an Apple Blvd gift card.  She loves it as much as I do.  We will probably set up a Zoom to sing and watch her blow out candles on her cake. 

Whew, that was a lot!  I think this is the first time I have had more than 5 favorites.  

May your weekend be filled with lots of Christmas music and hot cocoa! Mask up and stay safe, friends. 

-A-

Comments

  1. I love the Bath and Body works soaps, especially at the holidays! Such a cute tree skirt that is reversible...so clever. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way behind on my Christmas shopping! Jealous that you're almost done! I love Bath & Body Works soaps as well. I haven't gotten any holiday ones yet. I love the pumpkin collection for the mini pig rescue! Some local farms by me have advertised that they'll take old pumpkins to feed their animals. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Currently: April 2021

Friday Favorites: 1/22/21

Hello Monday: Currently