Monthly Musings: February 2021

 Hey everyone! 

It is time for Monthly Musings.  I am so excited to join Patty and Holly today. 



The last Thursday of the month we answer some questions about a certain topic. This month we are talking spring fashion essentials.  I am so excited to share!  

Even though all I currently wear is leggings and shirts, I always enjoyed getting dressed up for work. My high school superlative was Best Dressed 😹 so it has been a long love affair with fashion and clothes.  I mean, that has got to count for something and give me credit on all things fashion. Right?!?!

 This month we are answering these questions: 


What are your spring must have pieces?

A great pair of white jeans

Blue jean jacket, are those still cool? 

Tan sandal/wedge- Specifically for me, I have wanted the Steve Madden travel sandals for a long time.  Now there are even more choices: a clear sandal and a wedge. I might finally pull the trigger and buy a pair. 

What are your spring must have accessories?

Sunglasses

I consider nail polish an accessory too.  I love a nude or soft pink in the spring. 

I almost forgot but my #1 accessory are my earrings. You know how much I love Nickel and Suede. 🙈

I have to mention the current accessories I am obsessing over: 

Dainty layered necklaces and rings

Ear cuffs

Headbands 

How do you transition your wardrobe to spring?

This one had me stumped a little because in TX I dress according to the weather not the season.  One week it is winter, the next is summer, back to winter, and then spring. 

I guess transitioning is all about layers (cardigans, blue jean jacket, lightweight sweaters, etc). 

My all time spring outfit is a lightweight sweater, shorts, and a great pair of sneakers/booties. That’s how I know it is spring in TX!

What are your favorite colors to wear in spring?

Pink is my favorite! I am excited to add mint and lilac to the mix this spring. 

Any spring fashion advice? 

Just wear what you are drawn to, makes you feel confident, and beautiful! 

I also turn to bloggers or Pinterest to see how to wear something if it’s a trendy item and I need a little inspiration. 

Do you change your makeup in spring?

Nope.  My skin is olive tone so I don’t experiment a lot with my makeup. I like a nude eyeshadow and a nude/ pink lip. I love lots of mascara and black eyeliner to make my eyes pop and be the focus.  I do love blush and currently wear Nars Orgasm but I am getting a little bored with it. I have another palette I have saved in my Amazon cart with brighter colors to buy soon. 

Do you change up your skincare in spring?

No...but I probably should.  

Do you have a favorite spring scent?

Not really! I like our house to have a fruity/sweet smell around this time. 

Now I am intrigued to see what everyone else will say and maybe I will get a signature spring scent. 

Best budget tips for updating your wardrobe?

I am probably the worst to give advice about a budget on clothes. 

Here is what I tend to do. I buy trendier items from inexpensive places (Wal-Mart, Target, Old Navy, H&M). If I am going to wear it a few times then I want the $20 version vs. the $80.  I also shop sales and love a good bargain. 

I will invest more money in a great pair of shoes, sandals, jewelry, or a purse. 


Do you think you will be wearing dresses this spring?

Well, I have maxi dresses and Tshirt dresses in the closet.  I hope to wear them to an appt or maybe a family outing.  

This was so much fun! I hope you got a little inspiration for spring. Tell me your essential spring fashion item! 

Thanks for reading! See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites❤️

-A-







Comments

  1. It makes me laugh that in Texas shorts are considered spring wear. Here (in Ontario), on hotter spring days, we might pull out our capris, but shorts don't show up until the summer! Spring is too cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I saw that you mentioned dresses in May/June. It is about 80 in springtime and the heat creeps in quickly.

      Delete
  2. It’s the same in Alabama!! It’s like the weather can’t make up it’s mind!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously thought TX had the crazy weather but glad we aren’t the only ones. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. I love all of your accessories mentioned and totally agree on your budget ideas! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. One day we will get back to wearing jeans until then leggings for the win. Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Love the sounds of all of your accessories and yes! I am so into the white jeans come spring- LOVE that you were voted Best Dressed-so fun! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have a few maxi skirts I enjoy wearing come spring that I didn't even remember until you said that about maxi dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to the white jeans....and mine probably need to be replaced this year. Thanks for the reminder. And thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Currently: April 2021

Friday Favorites: 1/22/21

Hello Monday: Currently